Your How To Guide on Exercises
Here are a few video clips on exercises that I commonly use and you can use in your home, at the park or in a hotel room.
Check out the video or read the instructions.
Always feel confident in form before jumping in with two feet.
- Feet a bit wider than hip width
- Shoulders back, chest up, and eyes forward
- Hinge at the hip first then the knees
- Knees should never past toes
- Keep weight in heels
- SUMO Squat - Feet wider and knees follow feet out wide
- Squat JACKS - Feet together then feet out do a squat
- Squat ROTATIONS - Jump with the power of your squat and rotate
- Squat JUMPS - Use the power of your squat to lift you up and jump
- Hands placed below shoulders
- Feet together or hip width apart
- Inhale on the down, exhale on the way up
- Lower the hips, chest and thighs together
- Look 1-2 feet in front of your hands, keeping your chin out of your chest
- Push Up with Plank Jack - Cardio exercise with a plank jack and push up together
- Push Up with Foot Elevated - Prop your feet up on stable ground to challenge your back and chest more
- Cross over Push Ups - Bring one leg under the other leg and engage your obliques. Return leg back and cross other leg over
- Walk Out Push Ups - Start by standing upright, the bend at the hips for your hands to touch the ground. Walk your hands out to a hand plank position then do a push up. Walk your hands back to your feet, stand up straight. Be proud.
- Tricep Push Ups - Hand position is inside closer, hold the elbows close to your rib cage and lower slowly as one unit. Goal - to have your finger tips touching in a triangle shape.
- Knee over top of ankle
- Always can see your toes
- Drop the back leg down, Goal- 90 degrees
- Shoulders rolled back, chest up and eyes forward
- Toes pointing forward on both feet
- Stationary Lunges - Staying with the Right foot forward for the whole set. Then switching to left foot forward for the next set
- Robot lunges - Static Lunge position, bend at the hips and lift up
- Alternating Lunges - Alternate your foot forward
- Lunge with Glute raise - Lunge backwards, then lift that back leg up, squeezing the glutes to lift. Tap toe down, do lunge and lift up
- Jumping Lunges - cardio exercises and alternating right foot forward and left foot forward in each jump
- Front knee drive - Lunge and bring your back leg up to a knee raise, engaging lower abdominal's and bring foot back to lunge position
- 3 Point Lunge - In static Lunge position, little lift/jump your front leg to the outside of your leg, front of your leg then inside of your lunge. And repeat.
- Basic Form
- Elbows tucked under shoulders or hands under shoulders
- In side plank position have hand flat on ground
- Lift hips, engage core and shoulders
- Draw in belly button
- If you were to give yourself the thumbs up and drop to the ground, you would poke yourself in the eye
- Feet together or slightly apart
- Plank with Glute raise - Plank position, lift one leg straight up and down
- Plank walks - Hand plank position, step forward two steps, back two steps with feet following hands
- Plank Up Downs - Elbow position plank, right arm goes to hand plank, then left arm goes hand plank. Right arm drops to elbow, left hand drops to elbow
- Plank Tap Ups - Side plank position to regular plank to other side plank position, from elbows or hand
- Plank Side to Side - Plank position, lift one leg out wide tap out or float then bring back to starting spot. Then tap the other leg outside
- Plank Shoulder Taps - Hand plank position, lift one arm up and tap opposite shoulder
- Plank Reach Throughs - Side plank position, twist your body and bring your hands under your armpit and reach, bring back to starting spot.
- Plank Hip Twists - Hand plank position, twist your hips to open
- Plank Hip Dips - Side plank position and lower your hips and bring back up
- Inhale on the way up, exhale on the way down for sit ups
- Inhale as your legs lower, exhale as the come up
- Support your lower back by placing hands under your bum
- If you feel it in your neck or back - please stop and make adjustments
- Remember to breath!
- Toe Touches - Lifting legs up and keeping them up at 90 degrees, reach for your toes
- Straight leg sit ups - Legs straight out in front, do a full sit up and reach for your toes
- Sit up - Feet planked on the ground, lift your body up and slowly lower
- Scissor legs - Lowering one leg down at a time
- Rope Climb - Imagine there is a rope inbetween your legs, and grab it three times then release and slowly lower
- Leg Raises - Start with your legs up in the air, lower them slowly to wear you feel a strain in your abs not your back then bring back up
- Horizontal leg cross overs- Have your legs straight out and criss cross them horizontally. If you feel your lower back, lift your legs up more towards you
- Crunch - Feet planted, slowly lift your shoulders and upper back off of the ground and back down
- Butterfly Crunches - Feet together as a butterfly stretch, lift your shoulders off of the ground and slowly lower
Form --- LISTEN TO YOUR BODY!