Can we all please just sit and reset our body and mind?
As most of you know, this is a crazy time of year for me on the personal and professional side. I have my children's birthdays and then we gear up for Race for Kids in May and Quinn's Legacy Society run in August. As I was running around today, looking for dinosaur cookie cutters I wondered, Do women ever sit and be?
I honestly think the last time I watchedTV for me (meaning it wasn't Paw Patrol or Star Wars) was Sunday night. Every night, I'm active with fitness classes, coaching clients, hosting and attending seminars, running meetings, playing cards with my husband and so on. On a funny note, I have a step counter on my watch and it says 3000 (Three Thousand) steps on a normal Kelsey day, I CALL BS! haha. I laugh because clearly I know it's more. The counter is on my phone, that just tells me I'm putting my phone down to do my run around. Which, I am proud of because it shows me, I'm not multi tasking. I am not a big fan of multi tasking. I'm an in the moment person!
But as active women, how do we sit down and just be? How do we relax and reset our body and minds? I find that when I sit down to journal and prep for bed is when I can take those big deep breathes and say "What a great day today was". Throughout the whole day, I'm crossing off my check list and GSD (getting shit down) like no-ones business but until I physically STOP with no distractions of electronics or people I realize "WOW, I accomplished a lot today"!
I ask you this:
How do you relax your body and mind and give it time to reset?
Here are a couple of my favourite tricks to calm the body and brain down
- A long hot shower- Sorry (not sorry) for the water bill but I need this!
- Journalling about my successes and realizing that even in the chaos I still had the opportunity to create memories with my family, my clients and create a successful future for me and my business.
- Breathing techniques, for example breathe in through the nose out through the mouth and on the exhale count 17, next breathe in through the nose out through the mouth 16.. and so on down to 1.
- Mediation and envisioning where you desire to be in 3 months, 6 months or a year from now and really allow yourself to be placed in that spot of desire. Feel the environment embrace you, absorb your own personal senses, what do you see and hear, who is with you, what are you doing and so forth. Really immerse yourself into that vision.
- Disconnecting and changing environments for 15 minutes or a few days.This sometimes a complete game changer!
I hope these couple tricks help calm the mind and body down because I know the struggle is real ladies, and allowing our self to just be in the moment of serenity is something very special.
I hope each one of you has a beautiful Easter and are surrounded by loved ones.